Thursday, November 11, 2010

Doing Nothing.. Exactly Nothing

Just another day, planning for a wonderful future. I will do this, that, everything. I will learn flute and then play it in paf. May be I should start preparing for CAT. I should write songs and may be I should again start dramatics. And then suddenly there is this moment when you encounter a high scorer of you batch who is having his intern in France and your mind flips over and says may be I should have given more attention to my studies. Who knows I could have been a topper...

And then I thought of listening Pt. Hari prasad chaurasia on You Tube. What a magical flute. Raag durga. Suddenly everything stopped and I closed my eyes. Everything empty yet so blissful. I didn't want anything. No comparisons, No plans, just an emptiness. And I said to myself- That it is! That is what I was searching for behind all my plans: the bliss, the satisfaction. I felt as if I have read the "Alchemist" again. The treasure we have being searching outside and finally find it at our own doorsteps. But may be the tour to Egypt was needed to know this. Its the nothingness which is mother of everything which is substantial. Its the stillness all of our creativity comes from. Have you ever thought of doing something just for the sake of doing it? And yet giving your 100%. What was the last time your mind was 100% here and now? Neither in the future nor in the past. Exactly here and now. Right now. This moment.Still and calm.

No comments: